1. Raising Your Deductible. The deductible is the amount you pay from your pocket before making an insurance claim. The disadvantage of raising your claim is when you make a claim, you will pay more. However, if you are a safe driver, overtime you will save more money by raising your insurance deductible. Look at your previous insurance claim history and make a discreet decision for yourself.
2. Older Auto. Drop comprehensive/collision coverage. If your car is not worth much, why pay for comprehensive and collision insurance coverage. You can visit a myriad of online sites to find true worth of your car. Additionally your insurance broker might be able to pull up the true worth of your vehicle.
3. Taking Advantage of Low Mileage. Some auto insurance companies will give discounts if you drive less than a certain number of miles or drive less than a certain distance to work.
4. Moving. Consider insurance costs. If you are considering moving, it will be a good idea to call your insurance agent and get their opinion on the insurance costs in the new city or state.
5. Low Profile Vehicle. Your vehicle will also determine your overall insurance costs. Some cars are favorites for thieves since they fetch a good price. Some cars are more expensive to repair. It makes a lot of sense to do an adequate amount of research before you make your auto purchase.
5 TIPS FOR AUTO INSURANCE
It's really all about protecting yourself financially.
If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage.
Ask your agent to talk to you about what is covered and be sure to read your policy so you know exactly what's included and what’s excluded.
For more information contact me at 813-252-0735 Email: